[coreboot] SPD CRC failed

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineeringinc.com
Thu May 21 17:49:22 CEST 2015

On 05/21/2015 09:19 AM, Michael Gerlach wrote:
> Okay here we go...
>
> I memtested the modules again and as expected no defect was found. So i
> retried latest master today and quite unusually it just boots up.
>
> It does not reach payload-state still, but ram and frequency is detected
> correctly. Fan is turning on and backlight gets activated but no output
> is displayed. Besides it seems to die at unpredictable states. I
> attached 3 different boot logs..
>
> The only assumption could be a defect in some piece of hardware, but i
> do not had any trouble with this x230 yet..
>
> On the other hand _this_ build was compiled on the x230 itself, while
> the other builds were compiled on a x201 with an identical bootstrapped
> toolchain..
>
> Any idea what possibly cause a similar behavior too?
>

> Best regards,
>
> n3ph

If you suspect build variances please verify that your current git hash
is the same on both systems, and that you are using the same coreboot
toolchain on both.  Note that if you are using an older tree on one of
the machines it may have retained an older crossgcc version.

If the trees are identical compare the romstage/ramstage sizes from both
builds.  If they are significantly different there *might* be a problem...

--
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering