[coreboot] x230 - vgabios

Zaolin zaolin at das-labor.org
Sun May 24 16:35:04 CEST 2015

Hi,

do the following:

0) Get the PCI ID via lspci -vnn of the Intel Graphics Device.

1) Get the UEFITool https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool

2) Extract with the flashrom ich_descriptor_tool your UEFI Firmware
(BIOS).

-> ich_descriptor_tool -f bios.bin -d

3) Open the UEFI Image with the UEFITool go under search -> text
and disable UTF-8 support.

4) Enter for intel graphic devices "VGA Compatible BIOS" and you will
find one more matching entries by scrolling down the log. For Nvidia use
"VGA Compatible".

5) Extract all entries with "Extract body". Correct Oproms should have
for Intel around 65k size. If it's only one entry then you can stop here
and use it as vgabios.

6) Get rom-parser https://github.com/awilliam/rom-parser and run it on
the files. You will get printed some infos including the pci id. If the
id matches with your graphics device use the it as vgabios.

Regards Zaolin