[coreboot] [RFC] board-status.git growth

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:28:15 CET 2016

It's definitely an issue, and it's actually something that is
currently being looked into.  As always, we just need someone to do
the work.  :)

There's a project listed on the project ideas wiki page about this, so
maybe we'll get an enterprising person to work on it.  If not, we'll
probably continue with git for now, but put a web front-end on it so
that the project doesn't need to be downloaded to add to the database.
Here's a link to it in the wiki:
https://www.coreboot.org/Project_Ideas#coreboot_mainboard_test_suite_reporting

I think we all agree that git isn't the right way to do this, but it
was infrastructure we had in place, so it was an easy way to add what
was needed at the time.  We're reaching a pain point on that, so it's
definitely time to do SOMETHING about it.

Martin