[flashrom] successfully PROBE READ ERASE WRITE on "Acer Aspire 1520" Laptop

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Mar 6 14:29:35 CET 2010

Hi Paweł,

On 06.03.2010 12:38, Paweł Stawicki wrote:
> ok I'm attaching the outputs You asked for.
> The svn version works with no errors.

Thanks for the information and thanks for testing.

> flashrom v0.9.1-r921
> No coreboot table found.
> DMI string system-manufacturer: "Acer"
> DMI string system-product-name: "Aspire 1520"
> DMI string system-version: "-1             "
> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "Acer"
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "Aspire 1520"
> DMI string baseboard-version: "Rev.A          "
> DMI string chassis-type: "Other"

Oh wow. Chassis-type should be "Laptop", not "Other". That's totally
unexpected.

Could you please send the full output from "dmidecode" to me privately
so that I can try to find some other laptop designator? You can also
send the dmidecode output to the list, but it may contain serial numbers
or other identifying information. Thank you.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."