[SeaBIOS] Booting from SeaBIOS as payload to Coreboot to GRUB2

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sat Oct 26 16:05:15 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 02:21:25PM +0000, Stojsavljevic, Zoran wrote:
> Hello Kevin,
>
> I did what you have suggested to me. Here is what I have done in Coreboot (disabled all Option ROM except VGA one):
> [*] Run VGA Option ROMs
> [  ] Run non-VGA Option ROMs
> [  ] Run Option ROMs on PCI devices
> [  ]Option ROM execution type (Native mode)  --->
> [  ] Enable PCIe Common Clock
> [  ] Enable PCIe ASPM
>
> And in SeaBIOS:
>
> HW features option:
> [  ]   Hardware init during option ROM execution
>
> BIOS interfaces
> [*] Option ROMS
>
> If I disable Option ROM VGA in Coreboot , my GRUB VGA screen does not come up. If I disable Option ROMS in SeaBIOS, my KBD starts making problems with well known messages:

All Option ROMs should be disabled in Coreboot.  If SeaBIOS can't
initialize your vga rom, it should be fixed.  (As a guess, either
something is incorrect with the hardware, or there is a "vgahook"
override in coreboot that isn't in seabios.)

I can't say this is the root of your issue, but double initializing
an option rom is definitely not correct and has been known to cause
problems in the past.  The fact that you can boot using grub1 would
make this less likely to be the root cause.

-Kevin