[SerialICE] Reset troubles with Coreboot image

Arne Georg Gleditsch arne.gleditsch at numascale.com
Wed Jun 30 23:47:08 CEST 2010

On 30. juni 2010 00:55, Myles Watson wrote:
> My s2895 doesn't do a soft reset correctly with the coreboot image,
> but it does with the factory image.  Have you seen that problem?  It
> seems strange, because the "Reset triggered" message still shows up,
> along with "Rebooting the emulated CPU", but then I get Readback
> errors.  I patched SerialICE to redo the handshake on reset, but that
> doesn't help.
>
> I think I'm getting closer, but if someone has already seen something
> similar or has suggestions...

I saw something similar with the HP board I ported, turned out to be the
IPMI BMC hijacking the serial port at soft reset.  Not sure exactly what
conditions triggered it, but I got it sorted by disabling the IPMI
serial port CLI using ipmitool or something similar.  Let me know if
this sounds at all likely with your setup, and I'll dig some more.

--
							Arne.