[SerialICE] The strangest post codes

Andrew Goodbody andrew.goodbody at tadpole.com
Fri Apr 1 12:33:55 CEST 2011

Joseph Smith wrote:
> Well now I am completely stumped. Both my i854 and i855 boards both crap
> out with the same strange post codes. Two completely different boards
> and two completely different bios vendors....
> IO: outw 0080 <= eee3
> --craps out after this----
>
> Anyone ever seen these 16bit post codes before? Help?

Replying direct as I can't normally post to the list due to the
greylisting in use.

I would make a guess that this is the Intel Memory Reference Code (MRC)
as that would most likely be common between the two boards.
Unfortunately I do not have access to the code in question to tell you
what is going on and even if I did I probably would not be allowed to.

If this happens without SerialICE then I would hazard a guess that it
does not like the memory that is fitted, are you sure you have correct
memory for each board?
If it only happens with SerialICE then you probably need to adjust what
accesses go where and when so that the MRC will be able to correctly
complete by accessing the platform RAM before switching memory accesses
to QEMU RAM for speed later.

Andrew