Lenovo x60x vgainit todos
The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
- 1 page to coordinate troubleshooting of x60 vga initialition issues
page to coordinate troubleshooting of x60 vga initialition issues
- Video does not ever init on certain kernels when booting coreboot with neither a vgabios optionrom nor nativevga
No video at all even after kernel boots
Anecdotal reports so far suggest that the problem will not occur on kernel 3.8 or lower. And will occur on 3.11 or higher.
ToDo's for fchmmr:
Try a bunch of kernels while using a serial console and coreboot rom from master without a vgabios optionrom. And report which ones do not have video after boot
- Try the latest kernel from kernel.org
- Try kernels a bunch of > 3.8 and < 3.11
other kernels you find hereor here or in your distro or freesh as needed to id lowest kernel with the issue.
- Try a kernel newer than one that does not init gfx, and has had 17fec8a08698bcab98788e1e89f5b8e7502ababdreverted.