The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
This page describes how to use coreboot on the Jetway J7F2 series mainboards.
This page is a work in progress.
This board works with target/jetway/j7f24, except that it needs rev 3566 of src/southbridge/via/vt8237r.
|L1 cache enabled||OK||Always on|
|L2 cache enabled||OK||Always on|
|L3 cache enabled||N/A|
|Multiple CPU support||N/A|
|Dual channel support||N/A|
|On-board IDE 3.5"||OK||hda in Linux is hde in FILO|
|On-board IDE 2.5"||N/A|
|On-board VGA||OK||Needs factory video bios and bochsbios. Console flickers under I/O load.|
|On-board Ethernet||Partial||Loses MAC address when power is disconnected.|
|On-board Smartcard reader||N/A|
|On-board SD card reader||N/A|
|ISA add-on cards||N/A|
|Audio/Modem-Riser (AMR/CNR) cards||N/A|
|PCI add-on cards||Untested|
|Mini-PCI add-on cards||Unknown|
|Mini-PCI-Express add-on cards||Unknown|
|PCI-X add-on cards||Unknown|
|AGP graphics cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x1 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x2 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x4 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x8 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x16 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x32 add-on cards||N/A|
|HTX add-on cards||N/A|
|Legacy / Super I/O|
|Serial port 1 (COM1)||OK|
|Serial port 2 (COM2)||N/A|
|PC speaker||Fail|| PCSP: Timer resolution is not sufficient (4000250nS)
PCSP: Make sure you have HPET and ACPI enabled.
|Sensors / fan control||N/A||didn't work on factory BIOS either|
|CPU frequency scaling||?|
|Other powersaving features||N/A|
|Reboot||Fail||system resets, but coreboot doesn't fully boot and VGA graphics are corrupted|
|High precision event timers (HPET)||Untested|
|Random number generator (RNG)||OK|
|Wake on modem ring||Untested|
|Wake on LAN||Untested|
|Wake on keyboard||Untested|
|Wake on mouse||Untested|
- hda in Linux is hde in FILO
- loading kernel/initrd is very slow
- irq_tables.c from the factory BIOS does not work. The epia-cn table can be substituted.
- VGA console flickers badly under intense disk activity, such as dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdc
- Current code is broken (doesn't compile). Pull rev 3566 of src/southbridge/via/vt8237r
- Network card loses MAC address on power-loss, preventing the Linux via-rhine driver from activating it. Latest code in src/southbridge/via/vt8237r/ may fix this, at least allowing hard-coding the MAC address into the rom. However, it is also stored somewhere else on the system (not in the factory rom) so it should be readable from somewhere.
| I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible: