The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
- yellow USB port isn't powered in power-off state.
- Discrete GPU not supported - wip
- for i7 / Discrete GPU model - DisplayPort only connected to Discrete GPU -> does not work
- TPM - missing acpi
- Boot time issues after reboot (keyboard rest timeout)
- ultrabay hot plug (event missing?)
- some power management states missing?
- windows not supported
Proprietary Components Status
- CPU Microcode
- FDT(Flash Descriptor Table) => Always needed
- ME(Management Engine) => you do not have to touch it(just leave it where it is)
- GbE(Gigabit Ethernet embedded mac) => you do not have to touch it(just leave it where it is)
- The code has been merged into coreboot master:
$ git clone https://review.coreboot.org/coreboot.git
The flash chip can be a 8MB SOIC8 (Macronix MX25L6436EM2I / MX25L6406EM2I / Winbond W25Q64CVS) or WSON8 (Numonyx M25PX64).
Vendor firmware locks the flash and so you need to flash externally (unless until someone figures out a way around it). Lenovo firmware uses "protected regions" to protect the bootblock.