The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
works fine with Linux, some ACPI issues with Windows needs to be fixed.
Lenovo ThinkPad T60
Have been reported to boot coreboot.
Installation and Flashing
This table needs review. I copied the x60 table and ran through it from memory, expresscard comes to mind...
|L1 cache enabled||OK|
|L2 cache enabled||OK|
|L3 cache enabled||N/A|
|Multiple CPU support||N/A|
|Dual channel support||OK|
|On-board IDE 3.5"||N/A|
|On-board IDE 2.5"||N/A|
|On-board Ethernet||OK||Intel 82573L|
|On-board Smartcard reader||N/A|
|On-board SD card reader||N/A|
|ISA add-on cards||N/A|
|Audio/Modem-Riser (AMR/CNR) cards||N/A|
|PCI add-on cards||N/A|
|Mini-PCI add-on cards||OK|
|Mini-PCI-Express add-on cards||Unknown|
|PCI-X add-on cards||N/A|
|AGP graphics cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x1 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x2 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x4 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x8 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x16 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x32 add-on cards||N/A|
|HTX add-on cards||N/A|
|Legacy / Super I/O|
|Serial port 1 (COM1)||OK||located in docking station|
|Serial port 2 (COM2)||N/A|
|Sensors / fan control||OK|
|CPU frequency scaling||OK|
|Other powersaving features||OK|
|Nonstandard LEDs||OK||LEDs are controlled by Embedded Controller (EC). Working without special support.|
|High precision event timers (HPET)||OK|
|Random number generator (RNG)||N/A|
|Wake on modem ring||Unknown|
|Wake on LAN||Unknown|
|Wake on keyboard||Unknown|
|Wake on mouse||Unknown|
proprietary components status
- CPU Microcode (optional?)
- VGA option rom (optional): without it you will get no graphics during early boot, old kernel versions(like the one in trisquel 6) are able to initializes the intel graphic card. Note that the replacement doesn't work yet with seabios but works with grub(as a payload) or libpayload based payloads.
- EC(Embedded Controller) => you do not have to touch it(just leave it where it is)
Non-free components replacements
- Replace the non-free VGA option rom by making native graphics init work.
- Create a Native graphics<->VGA option rom.
- Make backlight work without the non-free option rom.
- Add support for more batteries in ACPI.
- Make the wifi card and/or the laptop produce less heat.
- Finish and merge support for thinkpad_acpi linux kernel module
- Sometimes some dock USB port aren't initialized => fix that