works fine with Linux, some ACPI issues with Windows needs to be fixed.
- 1 Lenovo ThinkPad T60
Lenovo ThinkPad T60
Have been reported to boot coreboot.
Installation and Flashing
This table needs review. I copied the x60 table and ran through it from memory, expresscard comes to mind...
|L1 cache enabled||OK|
|L2 cache enabled||OK|
|L3 cache enabled||N/A|
|Multiple CPU support||N/A|
|Dual channel support||OK|
|On-board IDE 3.5"||N/A|
|On-board IDE 2.5"||N/A|
|On-board Ethernet||OK||Intel 82573L|
|On-board Smartcard reader||N/A|
|On-board SD card reader||N/A|
|ISA add-on cards||N/A|
|Audio/Modem-Riser (AMR/CNR) cards||N/A|
|PCI add-on cards||N/A|
|Mini-PCI add-on cards||OK|
|PCI-X add-on cards||N/A|
|AGP graphics cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x1 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x2 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x4 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x8 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x16 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x32 add-on cards||N/A|
|HTX add-on cards||N/A|
|Legacy / Super I/O|
|Serial port 1 (COM1)||OK||located in docking station|
|Serial port 2 (COM2)||N/A|
|Sensors / fan control||OK|
|CPU frequency scaling||OK|
|Other powersaving features||OK|
|Nonstandard LEDs||OK||LEDs are controlled by Embedded Controller (EC). Working without special support.|
|High precision event timers (HPET)||OK|
|Random number generator (RNG)||N/A|
|Wake on modem ring||Unknown|
|Wake on LAN||Unknown|
|Wake on keyboard||Unknown|
|Wake on mouse||Unknown|
proprietary components status
- CPU Microcode (optional?) - works fine without. See http://download.intel.com/design/mobile/SPECUPDT/30922214.pdf
- VGA option rom (optional): without it you will get no graphics during early boot, old kernel versions(like the one in trisquel 6) are able to initializes the intel graphic card. Note that the replacement doesn't work yet with seabios but works with grub(as a payload) or libpayload based payloads.
- EC(Embedded Controller) => you do not have to touch it(just leave it where it is)
Non-free components replacements
Replace the non-free VGA option rom by making native graphics init work.See  (under review on 5345 changeset, review.coreboot.org]
- Create a Native graphics<->VGA option rom. SeaVGABIOS (part of SeaBIOS) might be the answer. We need to look into that.
Make backlight work without the non-free option rom.See  (under reviev 5345 changeset, review.coreboot.org)
"whining" (buzzing) noise when idle
Use "idle=halt" (higher power consumption) or "processor.max_cstate=2" (higher power consumption, but not as bad) kernel parameter in GRUB.
Note: Boot without these options, and there will be a high pitched noise coming from the board when the system is idle. A better workaround is to boot without these options, and run sudo powertop
Under "tunables", set all options to "Good" settings. This kills the noise. By using this, power consumption falls lower: near the levels in Lenovo BIOS (better battery life).
Make backlight (Fn keys) control work with native gpu init
Battery indictor in various DE's can be unreliable. (showing 50% available for instance, when fully charged). Using command line tools can show a spike in power consumption reported when disconnecting AC.
- Add support for more batteries in ACPI.
- Make the wifi card and/or the laptop produce less heat.
- Finish and merge support for thinkpad_acpi linux kernel module
- Sometimes some dock USB port aren't initialized => fix that