The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
|L1 cache enabled||Unknown||How to test ?|
|L2 cache enabled||Unknown||How to test ?|
|L3 cache enabled||N/A|
|Multiple CPU support||N/A|
|SDRAM||OK||It appears to work since it boots successfully.|
|Dual channel support||N/A|
|On-board IDE 3.5"||N/A|
|On-board IDE 2.5"||Unknown||Testing it requires a 2.5"<->2.5" IDE cable|
|On-board USB||OK||Works in GNU/Linux but not in SeaBIOS.|
|On-board Ethernet||OK||Works in GNU/Linux|
|On-board Audio||OK||Tested with MPD under parabola|
|On-board Smartcard reader|
|On-board CompactFlash||OK||can boot from it with SeaBIOS.|
|On-board SD card reader||N/A|
|ISA add-on cards||N/A|
|Audio/Modem-Riser (AMR/CNR) cards||N/A|
|PCI add-on cards||OK||Booted successfully from a 3com PCI card with ipxe, also tested with an ath9k, works fine|
|Mini-PCI add-on cards||OK||tested with an ath5k, works fine|
|Mini-PCI-Express add-on cards||Unknown|
|PCI-X add-on cards||N/A|
|AGP graphics cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x1 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x2 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x4 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x8 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x16 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x32 add-on cards||N/A|
|HTX add-on cards||N/A|
|Legacy / Super I/O|
|Serial port 1 (COM1)||OK||DE-9|
|Serial port 2 (COM2)||OK||10 pins header|
|PS/2 keyboard||Not detected in coreboot, may work in GNU/Linux|
|Sensors / fan control|
|CPU frequency scaling|
|Other powersaving features|
|Reboot||OK||tested with the reboot command under parabola(systemd based)|
|High precision event timers (HPET)|
|Random number generator (RNG)|
|Wake on modem ring|
|Wake on LAN|
|Wake on keyboard|
|Wake on mouse|
|Flashrom||OK||Works in coreboot|
proprietary componemts status
- VSA: LGPL but require a microsoft compiler. Code need to be converted, openvsa froze the board during boot(but it was tried with my distro's compiler).
- Has a free video option rom that can be generated by seabios, i didn't succeed at getting it work.
- Add ACPI support.
- make seabios detect the USB hard disks at boot.
- Compatible with nvramtool.
- There is an LPC dongle with a socketed second BIOS chip in it, it can probably be bought or lent by the company making the card.
USB doesn't work under SeaBIOS with this board, so pressing F12 from an USB keyboard to boot on an USB key won't work for now.
- If you have no compact flash reader, you add ipxe and sgabios to the coreboot image in order to boot from the network. Sgabios is needed to be able to press F12 in SeaBIOS trough the serial port.
- SeaBIOS do run external option roms, like the ones on network cards.
- Removing the compact flash card before SeaBIOS makes SeaBIOS boot on the next available device (like a network card with ipxe), and putting it back before the linux kenrel boot makes it appear under GNU/Linux.
|This work is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.|