This page contains information on how to get started building and installing coreboot, as well as build tutorials for various specific motherboards.
Build tutorials and status pages
- See Category:Tutorials for the full list of build tutorials / status pages for supported boards. Note that not all boards have such a page, yet.
Port guides and experiences.
- LinuxBIOS on AMD64 (PDF)
- The EPIA-M/MII
- AMD Geode Porting Guide
- ACPI in coreboot
- Anatomy of a Failover coreboot v2 Image - you put what where?!
- VGA support
- X11 on EPIA-M
- Configuration tool manual (from freebios/Documentation/configmanual.ps)
- Project Book, Mangrove LinuxBios from Mathieu Deschamps
- coreboot glossary and a list of datasheets for each topic
- The USB EHCI Debug Port may be the easiest way to do early debugging without a legacy serial port.
- Christer Weinigel: Doing Linux programming close to the hardware (PDF)
- Doxygen generated build documentation
- Some documentation on "piggybacking" using PLCC chips: 1, 2, 3.
- Support Tools
- Booting Windows using coreboot
- Booting FreeBSD using coreboot
- Artecgroup programmable LPC dongle
- Soldering a socket on your board
- Section overlaps
- Confirmed working svn revisions
- LinuxBIOS at Four
- Integrating 9load into the LinuxBIOS
- How to get the Iwill DK8-HTX running with LinuxBIOS
- Breaking the Chains -- Using LinuxBIOS to Liberate Embedded x86 Processors
- Jordan H. Crouse, Marc E. Jones, Ronald G. Minnich
- LinuxBIOS - Freedom for your motherboard
- Alan Carvalho de Assis
- FISL 8.0 (8th Forum Internacional de Software Livre)
- [ pdf ]
- FSF is moving towards LinuxBIOS deployment (Russian article)
- FreeVGA: Architecture Independent Video Graphics Initialization for LinuxBIOS
- Flexibility in ROM: A Stackable Open Source BIOS
- Adam Agnew, Adam Sulmicki, Ronald Minnich, William Arbaugh
- USENIX 2003 Annual Technical Conference, FREENIX Track
- [ HTML ]
- Supermon: High performance monitoring for Linux clusters
- LOBOS and LinuxBIOS
- Cluster Research Brochure
- prepared for SC 2000, November 4-10 2000
- [ pdf ]
- The Linux BIOS
- LOBOS (Linux OS Boots Linux OS): Booting a Kernel in 32-bit Mode
- Look Ma, No Bios
- A Framework for Using Processor Cache as RAM (CAR)
These books do not address LinuxBIOS specifically but provide background information useful for BIOS-level programming on PC hardware.