Like GPXE uses legacy BIOS callbacks, and it works well with SeaBIOS. See GPXE.
Building and Running in seaBIOS howto
Here are the goals of this howto:
- fits in 128k for easier building process
- boot over an ath9k WiFi over an open/unencrypted wifi to an image that resides on the internet...
Identify your wireless network card:
# lspci [...] 03:06.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR922X Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
Identify its PCI IDs:
# lspci -s 03:06.0 -nnn 03:06.0 Network controller : Atheros Communications Inc. AR922X Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0029] (rev 01)
git clone git://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git cd ipxe/src/
Copy the following into
- keep pressing ctrl+b while booting
- it will give you a shell:
- You will then need to type some commands to make it boot on the WiFi from the Internet.
- Identify your ESSID
- set the ESSID
- get an IP Address
- test the official demo (requires a ps2 keyboard)