The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
This page contains coreboot-related screenshots, photos, and videos.
Screenshots and Photos
The first LinuxBIOS cluster, Ed.
Sample hardware on which coreboot can run
ASUS A8V-E Deluxe desktop mainboard.
The Televideo TC7020 thin client.
RCA RM4100 set-top-box.
IEI LX 800 SBC.
Various coreboot payloads
There are also a few more photos/screenshots on Google Image Search.
There are several coreboot-related videos on YouTube.
coreboot and SeaBIOS starting Windows 7
Rudolf Marek shows his ASUS M2V-MX SE with coreboot and SeaBIOS booting Windows 7 on a 2GHz AMD Sempron CPU.
- MJPEG 1024x768, 332MB
- H.264 1024x768, 34MB
- H.264 960x720, 91MB
- H.264 640x480, 35MB
- H.264 320x240, 13MB
- H.264 320x240, 6.1MB
Chaos Communication Congress 2008 (25C3): coreboot: Beyond The Final Frontier
- Video recordings: H.264 720x576, 390MB (720x576 torrent) H.264 320x240, 152MB
- Audio recordings: OGG, 20MB MP3, 23MB
Google Tech Talks 2008: coreboot (aka LinuxBIOS): The Free/Open-Source x86 Firmware
FSCONS coreboot talk
FOSDEM 2007 LinuxBIOS-talk
- There's a video recording of Ron Minnich's LinuxBIOS talk (OGG, 234 MB) from FOSDEM 2007 — Ron gives important tech insights - excellent newbie briefing.
Chaos Communication Congress 2006 LinuxBIOS Lightning Talk
- There's a video recording of Peter Stuge's LinuxBIOS Lightning Talk (OGG, 23 MB, 7:16) from Chaos Communication Congress 2006 — Peter tries to rush through everything important about LinuxBIOS in five minutes, demo included. Peter's slides are also available.
OLPC booting with LinuxBIOS
Peter Stuge's car MP3 player
LinuxBIOS with X Server Inside
- LinuxBIOS with X Server Inside — LinuxBIOS with X Server (Kdrive, formely TinyX) inside a 2MB BIOS flash memory (no hard drive required).
- Another (better quality) version of the video in Ogg Theora is available here (9.7 MB).
- A HOWTO for this setup is available, too.