The wiki is being retired!
Documentation is now handled by the same processes we use for code: Add something to the Documentation/ directory in the coreboot repo, and it will be rendered to https://doc.coreboot.org/. Contributions welcome!
This page contains coreboot-related screenshots, photos, and videos.
There are several coreboot-related videos on YouTube.
Coreboot hacking: How to solder a PLCC socket on your board
Uwe Hermann created a video showing how to desolder a PLCC chip and solder on a socket instead. You can get it from:
- archive.org: Ogg Theora, small (32 MB), Ogg Theora (154 MB)
- Youtube: Direct download via "youtube-dl -t 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30x4oxyczH4'" (FLV, 13 MB)
- blip.tv: FLV, small (20 MB)
The video is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license.
See also: Soldering a socket on your board
coreboot and SeaBIOS starting Windows 7
Chaos Communication Congress 2008 (25C3): coreboot: Beyond The Final Frontier
- Video recordings: H.264 720x576, 390MB, H.264 720x576, 390MB (torrent), H.264 320x240, 152MB
- Audio recordings: OGG, 20MB, MP3, 23MB
- Slides: 1244_25c3_coreboot_slides.zip
Google Tech Talks 2008: coreboot (aka LinuxBIOS): The Free/Open-Source x86 Firmware
FSCONS coreboot talk
Video: OGG, 71MB
FOSDEM 2007 LinuxBIOS-talk
- There's a video recording of Ron Minnich's LinuxBIOS talk (OGG, 234 MB) from FOSDEM 2007 — Ron gives important tech insights - excellent newbie briefing.
Chaos Communication Congress 2006 LinuxBIOS Lightning Talk
- There's a video recording of Peter Stuge's LinuxBIOS Lightning Talk (OGG, 23 MB, 7:16) from Chaos Communication Congress 2006 — Peter tries to rush through everything important about LinuxBIOS in five minutes, demo included. Peter's slides are also available.
OLPC booting with LinuxBIOS
Peter Stuge's car MP3 player
LinuxBIOS with X Server Inside
- LinuxBIOS with X Server Inside — LinuxBIOS with X Server (Kdrive, formely TinyX) inside a 2MB BIOS flash memory (no hard drive required).
- Another (better quality) version of the video in Ogg Theora is available here (9.7 MB).
- A HOWTO for this setup is available, too.
Screenshots and Photos
The first LinuxBIOS cluster, Ed.
Sample hardware on which coreboot can run
ASUS A8V-E Deluxe desktop mainboard.
The Televideo TC7020 thin client.
RCA RM4100 set-top-box.
IEI LX 800 SBC.
Various coreboot payloads
There are also a few more photos/screenshots on Google Image Search.