- Uncrippling cripplewear
- Playing the Sax and Guitar
- Resotoring classic Jags, Mercs, you name it (but strictly European claasics, cant stand American cars)
First started using Linux in around 1997 with RedHat 5. Used RedHat 6.2, 7.3, 9 then moved to Fedora. Used all the Fedoras up to around 9. Switch to Ubuntu 8.04, been on Ubuntu since.
KDE at first, Blackbox for a couple of years, now strictly Gnome.
Early 90s were all Apple Macintosh, Apple LC2, Apple LC630. Then moved to a 150Mhz NEC Pentium MMX in around 1996. Upgraded the crap out of that NEC box. By around 1999, overclocked it 280Mhz, 4x 12Gb SCSI Seagate Cheetah hardrives, 384mb of EDO RAM, 32mb SIS graphics. Then got the first Pentium 4! (From P1 to P4!) a Socket 423 Willamete CPU with RDRAM. Used that for many years. Switched to a AMD Athlon 64 in around 2003. Athlon X2 in 2006, Phenom X3 in 2009. Current box specs:
- Phenom X3 2.6Ghz Triple Core
- 2x HD4870 in crossfire (512mb each)
- 2Gb of DDR2
- 4x500GB Hard drives in RAID5, 80GB OS drive.
- No optical drives and wack stuff like that.
Graphics Card History
Went from 4mb Trident, 8mb S3, 32mb SIS, 16mb Voodoo 3500, 32mb Geforce128, 64mb Geforce FX5600, 256mb Geforce 7600GS, and currently Dual 512mb HD4870s