[coreboot-gerrit] Patch merged into coreboot/master: fd79562 romstage: add support for vboot firmware selection
gerrit at coreboot.org
gerrit at coreboot.org
Fri Mar 22 00:15:22 CET 2013
the following patch was just integrated into master:
Author: Aaron Durbin <adurbin at chromium.org>
Date: Fri Mar 1 17:12:26 2013 -0600
romstage: add support for vboot firmware selection
This patch implements support for vboot firmware selection. The vboot
support is comprised of the following pieces:
1. vboot_loader.c - this file contains the entry point,
vboot_verify_firmware(), for romstage to call in order to perform
vboot selection. The loader sets up all the data for the wrapper
2. vboot_wrapper.c - this file contains the implementation calling the vboot
API. It calls VbInit() and VbSelectFirmware() with the data supplied
by the loader.
The vboot wrapper is compiled and linked as an rmodule and placed in
cbfs as 'fallback/vboot'. It's loaded into memory and relocated just
like the way ramstage would be. After being loaded the loader calls into
wrapper. When the wrapper sees that a given piece of firmware has been
selected it parses firmware component information for a predetermined
number of components.
Vboot result information is passed to downstream users by way of the
vboot_handoff structure. This structure lives in cbmem and contains
the shared data, selected firmware, VbInitParams, and parsed firwmare
During ramstage there are only 2 changes:
1. Copy the shared vboot data from vboot_handoff to the chromeos acpi
2. If a firmware selection was made in romstage the boot loader
component is used for the payload.
- no vboot path for S3.
- assumes that all RW firmware contains a book keeping header for the
components that comprise the signed firmware area.
- As sanity check there is a limit to the number of firmware components
contained in a signed firmware area. That's so that an errant value
doesn't cause the size calculation to erroneously read memory it
- RO normal path isn't supported. It's assumed that firmware will always
load the verified RW on all boots but recovery.
- If vboot requests memory to be cleared it is assumed that the boot
loader will take care of that by looking at the out flags in
Built and booted. Noted firmware select worked on an image with
RW firmware support. Also checked that recovery mode worked as well
by choosing the RO path.
Signed-off-by: Aaron Durbin <adurbin at chromium.org>
Tested-by: build bot (Jenkins)
Reviewed-by: Ronald G. Minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>
Build-Tested: build bot (Jenkins) at Wed Mar 20 23:05:36 2013, giving +1
See http://review.coreboot.org/2854 for details.
More information about the coreboot-gerrit