linuxbios (fwd)

steven james pyro at linuxlabs.com
Tue Dec 3 10:09:01 CET 2002

Greetings,

Not sure about first question, but I suspect that DOS can't see the DOC
because of overwriting the M-SYS boot block.

The Doc normally loads a BIOS extender from block 0 on power up which the
BIOS runs. The extender hooks int 13 so that DOS will see it as a drive.

If block 0 is overwritten, that will fail.

G'day,
sjames

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:

> any hints?
>
> zengqi, please send these messages to this list. I don't have time right
> now to help you. Sorry!
>
> ron

-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                     230 peachtree st nw ste 701
the original linux labs                             atlanta.ga.us 30303
      -since 1995                              http://www.linuxlabs.com
                                   office 404.577.7747 fax 404.577.7743