remap_high in the e7500 northbridge

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Dec 3 20:16:01 CET 2002

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> Does this mean remap memory to 4GB + or remap high memory to low memory
> space. I think I have been misunderstanding it.

It remaps low memory above 4GB.  The hardware feature is designed to
recover memory covered by pci devices.

The option in linuxbios is a debugging option to make certain kernels,
and kernel modules can handle > 4GB of ram.

I have not seen a problem with it set either way.

And yes you were looking at it backwards my apologies for not replying
sooner, it's been a busy day.

Eric