Geode sc2200 vga

Christer Weinigel christer at weinigel.se
Thu Dec 12 13:54:01 CET 2002

John Allen <jallen at integraltech.com> writes:

> I have successfully built LinuxBIOS to load a kernel from my IDE drive
> and boot using a serial console.  Now I would like to test the VGA
> funtionality of my board.  Has anyone had any experience getting the VGA
> to turn on and work within LinuxBIOS and/or Linux?
> John

<cut'n'paste>
    There is no video support in LinuxBIOS itself, so you won't get
    any video until you have loaded the NatSemi Geode Linux
    framebuffer driver (can be found at www.linux4.tv under the
    heading SP1SC10 Platform Image).
</cut'n'paste>

Go fetch the NatSemi driver, that will give you video in Linux.

  /Christer (who _definitely_ has to write a FAQ soon)

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
Christer Weinigel <christer at weinigel.se>  http://www.weinigel.se