VIA EPIA up!

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Sun Dec 22 05:14:00 CET 2002

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Andrew Ip wrote:

> BTW, EPIA-M also supports 1394 and USB2.  Instead of using built-in ethernet,
> ether1394 can be used as network connections.  I have tried ether1394 couple
> years ago and the performance is quite disappointed.  Have anyone tried that
> recently?

Yes, the builtin Firewire is interesting.
Again, as I'm trying to keep costs down I have found D-link Firewire cards
for 12 UKP. I've ordered four of them.
One of the other ideas I had was to link a cluster up with Firewire, and
see how it performs.

These cards have three ports (haven't arrived yet).
Does anyone have good pointers to Firewire/1394 resources please?