[COMMIT] pirq_routing.c

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Nov 15 10:36:00 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Andrew Ip wrote:

> Just want to confirm winfast 6300 with flash rom.  It behaves as the same as
> pcm-5823.  Looks like copy pirq table only works with DOC.  LinuxBIOS with
> flash rom doesn't need copy pirq table and probably won't work with
> CONFIG_COMPRESS=1.

the problem is confirmed then.

- Not all mainboard ports are mapping f0000 as RAM.

- It will not be possible to get rid of the memory hole (a0000-fffff) for
all ports; some piece of this hole will always be required for some
mainboards, at least that is what we have seen so far.

- You can not combine COMPRESS linuxbios with certain mainboards
  that use FLASH as the IRQ table will not get copied correctly

Conclusions: We will always need the option to turn COMPRESS off, at least
until we verify that all our supported platforms can turn F0000 into RAM.
But, again, I don't think this is going to be impossible, just a lot of
work ;-)

Here are the combinations as I see them:

		F0000 is FLASH			F0000 is RAM
can you
COMPRESS?	NO				YES

Can you