elf booting

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-linuxbios at benshaw.com
Sun Nov 24 15:29:00 CET 2002

I seem to have gotten myself stuck.  I can load an elf image out of ROM but
can't jump to it.  I _can't_ load an elf image off of the drive at all.

The output of a boot using BOOT_ROM=1 and having the natsemi.elf at 0xc000 is
attached.

If I try BOOT_IDE=1 the only difference is that it doesn't find an elf
candidate (it never tries to access the HDD).

The end goal is to load the kernel off of CompactFlash on IDE0 master.  I
(think I) know how to place the kernel on the HDD and adjust the IDE_OFFSET
in the config but I'm not even getting that far.