ADLO committed

steven james pyro at linuxlabs.com
Mon Nov 25 09:34:16 CET 2002

Greetings,

I don't know how Adam feels about it, but if I were Phoenix, AMI,
et. al. I'd be worried now, and very interested in getting involved in
LinuxBIOS.

G'day,
sjames

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Bari Ari wrote:

> Adam Sulmicki wrote:
>
> >>What size does all this take up in flash?
> >>
> >>LinuxBIOS + BOCHS BIOS + Video BIOS =?
> >>

> >BOCHS BIOS standard size is 64kb. If you gzip it it goes down to 20kb.
> >
> >We are currently using binary only video bios. The video bios as it is
> >with SIS630 is 48kb. For paranoia sake we are using full 64kb.
> >gzipped 64kb bios is at 34kb.
> >
> >Will this help you get down size of your project?
> >

> I just wanted to be sure it would all fit into <4Mb of flash. We design
> several x86 boards a year and most need to boot Win32.
>
> Should Phoenix, AMI and General be worried?
>
> Bari

-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                     230 peachtree st nw ste 701
the original linux labs                             atlanta.ga.us 30303
      -since 1995                              http://www.linuxlabs.com
                                   office 404.577.7747 fax 404.577.7743