Question regarding instructions...

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 29 01:52:00 CET 2002

Hello again from Gregg C Levine
A PLCC device in simple terms is a square device, which contains pretty
much the same thing, as the DIP packaged variant, sometimes there are a
few extra pins on it. In that case, unless otherwise noted on that data
sheet, they'd be Not Connected and noted as such. Typically this happens
in the Intel market, that is parts made by them, or a second source from
them, as with the processor market. For example if the part is a 27C512
EPROM, then its pinouts would be the same on both. Of course since you
are certain that it is a flash device, as is ninety-percent of all BIOS
devices out there, it would be a 28512 for example, if that part number
exists. I'm just citing examples here, your own efforts such as using
Google will be much more rewarding. I also urge you to obtain the data
sheets for everything on that board, that is not wearing custom part
numbers. If you really want to know, it will make this port that much
more easier. Ron, if you are reading this, that is a good suggestion to
insert into the revised FAQ, that will emerge RSN. I trust you will find
this information rewarding, and exactly what you are in need of.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

And