PCChips M758LMR+ works for me but...

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Oct 3 21:27:00 CEST 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Todd E. Johnson wrote:

> I am able to boot and get X up.  It takes about 45 seconds, which is not
> bad, but it is a bit more than I was expecting.  sshd takes up a bit of
> this time though.  I have most everything else disabled.

I assume this is redhat 7. The slowness of the bootup scripts has managed
to almost eliminate the speed of boot you get with linuxbios. It's
depressing.

There is a tool that will optimize boot-time scripts you might want to
look at.

> One of the largest problems is that none of the onboard USB ports work.

I believe this has been solved, Andrew Ip and Ollie are the experts on
this one.

> Also, none of the PCI cards I am using appears to work as well (Which
> all of the devices work fine with the factory bios).

This sounds like an IRQ table problem. Did you get a chance to run getpir
and compare to linuxbios getpir?

> Finally, I unfortunately rely heavily on ACPI to startup and shutdown
> the system.

what features do you use? we're weak in this area and could use help.

Thanks for your patience ...

ron