[COMMIT] Start of merging my tree and the LinuxBIOS tree

Eric W Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Oct 10 14:49:00 CEST 2002

A lot of small differences have accumulated between my tree and the
main LinuxBIOS tree.  Some of them are hacks that I need to generalize
before putting them in the public tree.  So I am taking this in
small manageable chunks.

Holler if anything looks to nasty.

src/arch/i386/boot/boot.c
- Tone down the severity of error messages
src/arch/i386/lib/console.inc
- Preserve morre registers in __CONSOLE_INLINE_TX_HEX8
src/arch/i386/lib/hardwaremain.c
- Fixup the cmos option to handle multiple cpus
- Move pci setup before ramsize initialization
- Renable keyboard_on
src/arch/i386/smp/Config
Add secondary.S
src/arch/i386/smp/secondary.S
- add
src/arch/i386/smp/secondary.inc
- remove
src/arch/i386/smp/start_stop.c
- Remove unused variables
src/config/Config
- Cleanup the cross compiling options
- Rename cmos.conf cmos.layout as the previous name was too confusing
src/cpu/p6/mtrr.c
- Create subroutines to enable/disable caching
- Call them in all of the appropriate places
- Add an extra argument to range_to_mtrr to allow for
  future optimizations

Eric