strange error on sis900 ethernet

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 10:29:01 CEST 2002

I met one strange error on sis900 ethernet driver.
I'm using cvs freebios on 6 Oct, 2002 , kernel 2.4.17,
mainboard is winfast6300. After booting using
linuxbios stored in DOC, I boot
my host linux system using normal bios.  the host
linux
is the same system as in DOC.  I test pings, the
result
is ( after linuxbios booting):
 ping -s 2592 192.12.11.1 ( remote ip addr )  0% lost
 ping -s 2593 192.12.11.1 ( remote ip addr ) no
response, 100% lost
I can't make the mainboard work correctly until I have
booted
windows98.  Then I use my host linux system to boot,
the thing is ok. (after windows98 booting )
  ping -s 2592 192.12.11.1 0% lost
  ping -s 2593 192.12.11.1 0% lost

  What's the problem, maybe something wrong with pci
,or sis900 init
code.
  thanks
  zhu