MTRR on P4

hcyun at etri.re.kr hcyun at etri.re.kr
Tue Oct 15 04:11:01 CEST 2002

Hello.

I have problems in setting MTRR registers on our SIS645 based custom P4
mainboard.
More precisely my system hangs on set_fixed_mtrrs() function on mtrr.c
Because I'm using recently updated cvs tree, that function already use
disable/enable cache but it doen't work for me.

I investigated your configuration files of  supermicro p4dxx boards because
they are the only P4 boards in the cvs tree.
And I found your comment about mtrr. You said that
'Don't do generic MTRR setup, instead use values from the fixed_mtrr_values
array'
So I saw the code and I found that fixed_mtrr_values array is defined but
never used anywhere.

Can you tell me more about your comments and please suggest how can I pass
this problem if possible.

Best regards,

Heechul