linuxbios for the tyan 2466n-4m

Daniel Freedman freedman at physics.cornell.edu
Wed Oct 16 17:25:01 CEST 2002

Hi whirm,

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002, whirm wrote:
> > Thats AMD MPX. Didnt the MP get done but not the MPX yet?
>
> yes, Is it, the mpx chiset is mp with USB working, I think...

No, the 760MPX is the 768 southbridge, rather than the 766 southbridge with
760MP. It's quite different as it also supports 66MHz 64-bit PCI.  What
you're probably thinking about was when the first 760MPX chipsets were
released, they had a subtle USB bug, so motherboards (such as Tyan S2466N)
included a PCI card to support USB.  AMD fixed the chipset to natively
support USB properly, but didn't change the chipset number (still 760MPX);
Tyan's new motherboards containing this fixed 760MPX chipset do have a new
model number (Tyan S2466N-4M, which actually denotes the 4Mbit/512KB
Flash-ram).

Hope this helps, and take care,
Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman <freedman at physics.cornell.edu>, Graduate Fellow
  Electronic Structure Calculations, LASSP, Cornell University