810LMR LinuxBIOS setup

James Alton jalton at olsh.cx
Tue Oct 22 05:48:01 CEST 2002

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this list, so let me explain where I'm at. I just visited the
LinuxBIOS page and noticed it had 810LR (810L now?) support and a nice
HOWTO-ish sort of document. I was looking at the type of Disk on Chip to
use. In the 810LR document, he says to use an MD-2800-D08, and later
says that a MD-2802 will work as it's the newer version of a practically
identical chip. I am wondering anyone has gotten the MD-2810-D08 working
with LinuxBIOS and if there is any reason it shouldn't? (The specs look
very similar for MD-2802 and MD-2810) I looked the the
http://www.m-sys.com/ website under the DiskOnChip Millenium and it
seems like the MD-2810 should work...

P.S. the MD-2810 is about $10 cheaper per chip, this is why I am asking
if there are any important differences.

James Alton
jalton at olsh.cx