AW: DOC vs. IDE

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Wed Oct 23 12:09:01 CEST 2002

> That actually sounds like a brilliant idea.  I wonder if anyone on the
list can
> confirm performance... does the CFcard appear as a standard IDE disk or is
there
> a driver or anything necessary?

> -CB

Same as IDE, just a mechanical issue to convert the wiring to IDE connector
and add power.  There are a number available, here's one:
http://www.pcengines.com/cflash.htm.

The current code (maybe changed recently don't know) uses a rough time delay
for spin up that needs to be tinkered with.

Boots pretty quickly with CF, but, as Linux boots, "Calibrating CPU..."
takes a lot of time (several seconds).  Anyone know if this is necessary?

-Steve