RLX 800i Info?

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Wed Oct 23 21:57:05 CEST 2002

Mark Weinstein wrote:

>I don't think that should be a problem.  What I am concerned about the most is that from what I understand, since teh RLX can remotely manage/monitor their blades, I didnt know if you would still be able to poll or information or not.
>
>Have you done one of these installs?  Is it a simple pop-in chip or do you have to REALLY hack the board and resolder, etc?  That worries me a little. :)
>
>Also, is there any possible way to remotely reboot a LinuxBIOS machine from a master server other than the obsious shutdown or reboot commands?

According to Ron:

"we committed support for the RLX 800i blades. There are PIII-based
blades that use the Micron 21PAD northbridge. The 21PAD is a fantastic
design and the company has been very helpful with information. The RLX
blade is also quite nice. Due to space limitations on the flash, we can
only fit Etherboot or 9load; Linux kernel is too large at present"

Maybe Ron can shed more light on the RLX port.

Bari.