LinuxBIOS PCBIOS emulation...

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Oct 24 05:26:01 CEST 2002

Adam Sulmicki <adam at cfar.umd.edu> writes:

> yay, keyboard works. now I have fully functional "lilo classic"
> from under LinuxBIOS.
>
> Thanks to everyone for help.
>
> (the "fix" was to remove the broken keyboard init code from
> the bios).

Cool.  I am interested to see how far, and where this goes.

I have been working to get kexec into the kernel and figuring
out how to use it to build interesting bootloaders.  What
I have been stumbling over is how do I put in support for booting
windows.  As I do not trust BIOS calls that talk to hardware
device drivers after a Linux kernel has run.

Long term does running your code on a machine with a normal BIOS
sound like a possibility?

If so then a very interesting bootloader can be built on top of kexec,
and the linux kernel.

Eric