modprobe ich2rom

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 5 10:34:01 CEST 2002

I'm trying to figure out how to correctly set up the e7500 MTD.

This includes the ICH 2 support (fixes from Eric) and the 82802ab part
which is not compatible with anything but an 82802ab :=)

I have MTD debugging enabled and set to level 3.

2 weird things: 1, I never get any debug output and 2, if I
modprobe --node 18 ich2rom

(i.e. use bproc and a slave node to insmode the ich2rom module and other
things it needs).

I do this kind of modprobe all the time, with DoC and other modules, so it
is hard for me to believe it is a bproc issue, but you never know. The
result is this:
Segmentation fault

And that's it.

What's really weird: no dmesg output!