stpc-consumerII

Hamish Guthrie (Mail Lists) hamishl at dplanet.ch
Fri Sep 6 14:15:01 CEST 2002

Steve,

I have done a lot of work for LinuxBIOS with all of the STPC devices and am
in fact just waiting for the latest cloud of changes to filter through, and
for Ron to tell me things are relatively stable before comitting. What I
have been working on is a generic STPC support (there are now about 9
devices in the STPC family), which basically provides a small layer which
virtualises any STPC device (after initialising super-I/O's or built-in
devices to the same level) with a final jump vector in protected mode to
LinxBIOS code.

This little filter layer is accomplished in a maximum of about 4k of binary
code and includes pre-initialisation of the PCI stuff, so a PCI routing
table is not required.

Your inputs though are really welcome, maybe we should pool our efforts!

Regards

Hamish