Any UK DiskOnChip Retailers?

ollie lho ollie at sis.com.tw
Sun Sep 8 20:45:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 18:38, Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>     My name is Lee and my machine has a ECS Elitegroup K7S5A
> motherboard. It has an AMD AthlonXP 1800+ processor and (apparently) a
> SiS735 chipset. It also has a 2Mb Flash EEPROM for the bios (AMIBIOS
> right now).

One fundamental problem is that the DRAM init sequence for SiS 735 is
too complex to fit in the 512 Byte IPL area of DoC. There used to be
some samples of DoC millennium in TSOP package available which have
1024 Byte of IPL SRAM. I have no idea if they are still available or
not. Don't ask about the new DoC Plus, we have no way to program it
since M-system does not release the spec.

>     Will the BIOS slot take a DoC or should I use regular replacement
> Flash EEPROM and is it possible to use an EEPROM/DoC with greater
> capacity than the current EEPROM? I'm also told I should use a Zero
> Insertion Force socket for the EEPROM.

Unless you can fix the previous problem, your only chance is a Flash
EEPROM.