Trouble getting started.....

Antony Stone Antony at Soft-Solutions.co.uk
Mon Sep 9 04:57:01 CEST 2002

On Monday 09 September 2002 2:02 am, ollie lho wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 18:58, Antony Stone wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Can somebody tell me what I'm missing here please ?   I've just started
> > with LinuxBios after seeing it at the LBW workshop ten days ago, and I
> > can't seem to get even to stage 1....
>
> LBW, is it the one that with mountain climbing and beer ??

Yes, that's it :-)   We get together every year in a different European
country, and this year we had a LinuxBios workshop during the week, which
resulted in a working DoC boot on an SiS motherboard.

> > Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xee000
> > No recognised DiskOnChip devices found
>
> I don't use DoC for a long time but I believe you need to enable the
> "probe advance" and "probe high" options.

Yes, that was the problem.   Ron already gave me some help with this, and now
less than 48 hours after getting a DoC device I have a working system booting
from DoC (including the IDE power-on spin-up patch to make sure cold boots
work too).

Thanks for the help.

Antony.

--