Is linuxbios GPL ?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Mon Sep 30 07:54:00 CEST 2002

Is the linuxbios code GPL?  Does the GPL allow for inclusion into other
operating systems?  The reason I'm asking is because I'm very concerned
that some other OS maker (ahem: MSFT) may take this codebase and try to
create a MSFT version.  Is this possible or am I worrying needlessly?  I
kow MSFT steals code (BSD tcp/ip stack comes to mind) and I'm wondering
what provisions are out there to protect this amazing project.

And while I'm at it, kudos to all the developers!
-Chris