romcc

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Apr 8 11:18:10 CEST 2003

Steve Gehlbach <steve at nexpath.com> writes:

> Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > After a lot of pound the code generator seems stable, and I can take
> > a break to release romcc.
> >

> I gave it a quick test drive, looks pretty good.  I want to put together a
> complete rom so I can actually execute it, but I have other things on the plate
> right now, will do so in a week or two I hope.

If you have a working etherboot setup you can load hello_world.elf with etherboot.

> Is the plan to re-code the assy
> that exists now, or only added code?  If yes, then we should find a place to put
> the code, so all of us are not re-coding the same thing and wasting time.

The plan is to open a development branch in the next couple of days and anything
that survives on that branch should use it as much as possible.

> Meanwhile, any immediate plans to add macros with arguments? Or can I use cpp
> somehow?  Otherwise I will have to re-code my use of that or should I wait a
> week or two.

With inline functions being cheap it should not be a problem.
You might need to specify -O but otherwise it should be ok.  But I may have
missed something.

> Also, I noticed it doesn't like functions with no args, "int func()" fails,
> wants "int func(void)".  Very minor but thought I would mention.

That is not a function with no args that is a function with a variable
number of arguments.  And functions with a variable argument count are
not something I can see supporting.

> Great work.

Thanks,
Eric