1.1 development release targets.

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Apr 15 13:31:00 CEST 2003

"Jeremy Jackson" <jerj at coplanar.net> writes:

> > To implement this I have started a freebios2 tree at sourceforge
> > and I will gradually populating this tree.  I am taking the expedient
> > of copying old code over as needed.  Leaving old code for now
> > unneeded functionality to just fade away.  It is the only easy
>
> Have you considered using the branch facility of CVS?

Thought about it.

I don't much care about the CVS history.  And where there are
several trees it is less then correct a number of times.  I am about
ready to rip out all of the $Id$ tags from the tree they are a consistent
source of noise when you have two different repositories and you are
comparing the differences.

In addition.  By pulling in source modules in on demand I have a real
nice way of filtering out old dead code and showing which code works
in the new development tree.  With my radical changes to hardwaremain
everything breaks until it gets fixed up.

So I guess I don't see an advantage in using the cvs branch feature,
at this point.

Eric