serial debug patch for ADLO

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Sat Apr 19 10:55:00 CEST 2003

to clarify. He's been working on getting ADLO running on EPIA-M.

He's been pretty succesfull so far.

Using serial console he's got both lilo and linux to boot using ADLO, so
that you can use them pretty much "out of box" as long as you don't need
video. However from what I heard you can get video once boot is done and
you run some video program (TinyX Xvesa here).

As far as video goes, on cold-reboot he's getting :

	Then, screen is blinkering with various color, but I can't see any
	text.

As far as video goes, on warm-reboot (after booting with original PC BIOS)
he's getting :

	If I first booted from original bios and reset with linuxbios +
	adlo, I can see text messages of original bios remained.

ideas on how to attack the issue?

Overall I would say that anyone who want to try get ADLO to work should
start with serial console and leave VIDEO to the end given difficulty
debugging binary-only module.

Another good idea is to try warm-boot from PC BIOS into ADLO at beginning
of development/work on ADLO. It leaves you with somewhat functioning
video-bios (or fully-functioning as it was for me).

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com 	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers