Debugging the linuxBIOS code

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Wed Apr 23 13:43:01 CEST 2003

> > > My understanding is that the Micro-2000 POST-Probe [5] is
> > the only one
> > > that can be powered from 3v3.
> >
> > > [5] "POST-Probe ", Micro2000,
> > <http://micro2000.com/postprobe/index.php>

> It doesn't, and this is an important point that I am trying to clarify with
> their engineers who claim that it will work from 3v3.

Allright. As far as I can tell it is 5V card.

	The red PCI book
	Chapter 15 : MECHANICAL SPECIFICATION
	CONNECTOR PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION PG 471

	[..] The same physical connector is used for the 32-bit signaling
	environment voltages. In one orientation the keys accept 5 volt
	boards. Rotated 180 degress, the connector accepts 3.3 volt
	signaling boards. The pin numbering of the connector changes (!)
	for the different signaling environemtns to maintain the same
	relative position of signals on the connector.

For what it is worth, if anyone needs MiniPCI Port-80 boards:

	http://www.pctestpro.com/post/pcipost.htm (all the way at bottom)

	http://www.costronic.com/Ev014mp.htm

	http://siliconkit.dnsalias.com/cart/tpcim.html

--