Linuxbios + Etherboot + tagged Kernel Image

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Sat Apr 26 22:49:00 CEST 2003

ron minnich wrote:

> my mistake. What I have done is this for now:
> dd if=elfImage of=/dev/hda bs=4096 skip=1
>
> preserves partition information. A kludge, but it works.

IMHO it is a better solution than non-standard partitioning.  Actually I
think the region past the first sector (512 bytes) is unused, if I am
reading http://www.ata-atapi.com/hiwtab.htm correctly.

One should also point out that this overlaps into partition 1, if that
is not obvious, so partition 1 should be large enough and unused.

-Steve