Delay in copying Linuxbios to ram

SONE Takeshi ts1 at cma.co.jp
Wed Apr 30 07:25:01 CEST 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 05:07:10AM -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Actually now that I think about it, is there any reason to
> not use XIP infrastructure for running the rom at 0xf000
> as well as at higher addresses?  Sure it's a waste but
> we have mtrr registers to burn at that point.

Do you mean the configuration like this?

    option XIP_ROM_SIZE=65536
    option XIP_ROM_BASE=0xf0000

Actually, I've tried this at first, and it was not successful.
I guess it is because fixed MTRR overrides the variable MTRR
setting (so states intel manual).
Totally disabling fixed MTRR (do everything in variable MTRR)
looks cleaner solution, but wasteful.
--
Takeshi