a few changes for HDAMA

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 6 00:36:01 CEST 2003

On 5 Aug 2003, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Once these things merge I have a few more comments.
> But the more I see of it, the enumeration value instead of separate
> functions looks increasingly like the wrong thing.

hmm, not sure we agree from here but we're open to discussion. Greg had an
interesting point that given the enumeration value, hardwaremain could
actually be a fairly straightforward state machine, and lots of current
special cases could go away.

Also, inserting a new enumeration value is still lots easier than
inserting a new special function all over the place, but as always on this
project we can evolve by working this out on the list.

ron