Clearwater533

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Aug 8 17:09:01 CEST 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Adam Agnew wrote:

> Could I trouble the list, and you three gentleman in particular, for a
> list of E7501 motherboards which have worked for you? It would really help
> me out so that I don't have to figure out what exactly is wrong with this
> SuperMicro X5DPL-iGM in a short amount of time, as any E7501 working would
> do. Thanks!

The trouble we've just found with the X5DAE is that something else is
needed to enable SPD. It appears that it's not just the GPIO2 on the
superio. I am hoping supermicro will tell me what. It's even possible that
they're not using the Intel ICH4 for SMBUS at this point, but are using
the superio; we just can't tell.

ron