Floppy drives and Linux BIOS

Adam Agnew agnew at cs.umd.edu
Mon Aug 11 03:01:01 CEST 2003

I'm confused. What's your question? If you could use the same floppy image
on a series of machines, with some running their normal bios and at least
one running linuxbios?

If that is your question, then I would say yes. If you make the kernel
image on the floppy with linuxbios support. And if you can't change the
kernel image, then you could use ADLO/Bochs to implement the same BIOS
services that you would have on a commercial BIOS.

- Adam Agnew